The Centre for Global Constitutionalism offers year-long internships to undergraduate and MLitt students enrolled at the University of St Andrews. The call for these is issued at the beginning of each academic year. You will find the most recent call below.
At present, we do not offer summer internships nor internships to external applicants.
Call for interns 2018-19
The Centre for Global Constitutionalism at the University of St Andrews is pleased to announce its call for interns for the 2018-19 academic year. We are seeking motivated students with interests in the Centre’s core areas of research (constitutionalism; global governance; international law, institutions, and organisations) as applied to a wide range of issues including security, human rights, trade, refugees and migration, and the environment. For more on the Centre, please visit our website https://cgc.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk/
Interns will assist with the organisation of Centre events and complete a research project that will be included in our Junior Scholar Working Paper Series. We are also keen to improve our engagement with students within the School of IR and beyond, members of the local community, and other universities and stakeholders; applicants with previous experience in outreach and media relations are thus especially welcome.
Skills and capabilities in applicants
- Initiative and strong time management skills
- Good written and spoken communications skills
- Willing to contribute 3 to 4 hours per week on an ad hoc basis
- Experience doing independent research
- Experience with social media promotions, marketing, and event organisation
- Potential to be available over summer
All interested undergraduate and MLitt candidates are encouraged to apply. Please submit the following documents as a single file to email@example.com:
- A short essay of 500 words. The essay should draw on your research interests by responding to the question: How has the rise of populism changed global governance?;
- Statement of interest (no more than one A4 page) detailing your goals for the internship, how you could contribute to the Centre, and how the experience would benefit your future development;
The deadline for applications is Friday, 21 September 2018, 5pm. The selection of successful applicants will be announced soon thereafter.
Internships are currently unpaid. Questions can be sent to the Centre’s email address.
We look forward to receiving your applications,
Dr Adam Bower and Dr Mateja Peter, CGC Co-Directors